Friday 20 March 2020

Tikka Masala Dahl


I made a wonderful Tikka Masala Dahl last night and thought I'd share the recipe with you for those who are partial to a curry of the vegetarian kind. It's quite low in points too so worth a try I think.

Ingredients
100g dried split lentils (red or green) - 2.5 points
Chopped veg (peppers, onion, carrot, celery, mushroom) - any variety
Patak's Tikka Masala curry paste - 2-4 tablespoons - 2 pts per 2 TBS
Tin of chopped sieved tomatoes, spray oil
Rice - 3 points per 60g (dry)

Soak the lentils in water for a few hours or over night. Then cook in pan with some water. Once cooked put to one side. Gently cook veggies in a pan using spray oil (and a little water if required) until soft. Combine lentils and veggies in pan and stir in your curry paste - use whatever amount you desire according to taste (counting points accordingly). Then stir in the sieved tomatoes and mix through. Leave to simmer in pan for a couple of minutes until flavours combine. Cook rice (I served it with 3pts worth per person)in separate pan. Serve!

This makes an ENORMOUS portion of food if shared between 2 people...it could really serve 3-4. I served it between 2 of us and it worked out as 3pts for the rice and 2.5 for the lentils/sauce. A total of 5.5pts for an extremely filling and very yummy dinner. Be warned though, I could hardly move after eating this ... I was completely stuffed but it kept me from picking for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment