Wednesday 25 March 2020

Curry


Curry

100g bacon lardons( or chop some bacon)
1 onion chopped
4 chicken breats chopped
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 apple cored and sliced
1 banana sliced
4 plum toms, chopped (or be lazy like me and use a tin!)
250 mls chicken stock

Heat large saucepan with spray oil add bacon and onion.cook for 2-3 mins before adding chicken.
Brown chicken then sprinkle in the spices, stir to coatthe chicken.add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer for 15-20 mins and serve.This is something a little different.For the bacon, I buy asda's smart price bacon pieces, you need to cut some of the fat off, but they're not as chewy as lardons can be!Good luck, let me know what you think!

Probably a bit late for tea tonight but if you look on ready steady cook website there is a nice recipe for chicken and sweet potato curry which could easily be adapted for N/C.

I also do a chicken curry with peaches for 2 point whole recipe. I do it in slow cooker - chicken thighs or breasts, I tablespoon medium curry powder. onoin 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, I tablespoon mang chutney,chicken stock, i small tin peaches in juice, cornflour to thicken.

Fry onion and garlic in frylight when soft add curry powder and spices fry for 2 mins, put mixture into slow cooker. Brown chicken add to slow cooker, add I tblspn mango chutney and add chicken stock about 1/2 way up chicken. Cook just before end pf cooking add tinned peaches without juice and thicken if desired with cornflour.

No comments:

Post a Comment