Tuesday 14 March 2017

Butternut squash and boursin risotto

Butternut squash and boursin risotto 

Posted on the WW community recipes forum but adapted from a WW recipe book.

From the kitchen of  TAMSINBH

servings 4
estimated Points® per serving | 4.5
1 tbsp olive oil
4 shallots, chopped
350g (12oz) butternut squash, diced (I just use a whole one, as it's free)
225g (8oz) risotto rice
150ml (5 fl oz) dry white wine
600ml (1 pint) veg stock
100g (3 1/2 oz) low fat Boursin
salt and pepper



Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the shallots until softened. Add the squash and rice and cook for a further 2 mins (I put the lid on here and cook for about 5 mins).
Add the rice and stir around for a minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally until absorbed. Add the stock. a ladleful at a time, waiting for each one to be absorbed before you add the next. The risotto is ready when the squash and the rice are tender and the risotto is creamy in texture. It will take about 20 mins. Season to taste and stir in the Boursin. Serve at once. 


Notes

The original recipe comes from the PP2002 book I think, but I've added some tips.
Variations: you can also add some diced courgette, green beans or peas. I also add some chopped fresh thyme and grated lemon zest, which is really good. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to find this - it's delicious and you would never think of it as a WW recipe. I did a few months on WW in 2001 and lost the weight I put on when I stopped smoking. Almost 20 years later I'm still below my WW target weight and it's partly because of recipes like this one. I lost my copy and was improvising - great to have the real thing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also love this one, lost and found!!!!very pleased.

    ReplyDelete