Friday 24 March 2017

Winter Veggie Korma

Winter Veggie Korma 

Adapted from the WW Winter Warmers cookbook, but you could make it with any free veg you fancy. 

0 pts

Spray oil
2 large onions
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder (optional if you want hotter curry, I did!)
1 tsp ground ginger (didn’t use, as forgot to buy)
¾ pint veg stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
12oz carrots, sliced
12oz turnip, chopped
9½oz cauliflower (I used frozen)
4oz mushrooms, halved
Salt

Spray pan with oil and cook onions until softened (I put a lid on it and it seems to steam in its own juices).

Pour in veg stock, add the tomato puree, carrots and turnip. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes (I did mine for about 20 mins as I like my veg softer). Add the cauliflower and mushrooms and simmer for a further 10 minutes.

Season with salt.

To make it creamy, you can add some fromage frais at ½ point for two rounded tbsps, 



No comments:

Post a Comment