Tuesday 16 March 2021

Scan Bran Waffles

Scan Bran Waffles

5 scan bran (hexb or 6 syns)

2 eggs

1/2 small tub of quark

sweetener

flavouring (such as orange essence, vanilla essence or skinny syrup)


Break up the scan bran and pour over a little boiled water to help soften. 

 

Add some flavouring, but skinny syrup is nice or some vanilla. Mix until the pieces are broken down into a paste like consistency.

Add two eggs and a good dollop of quark (I use around half a small tub).

 

Add sweetener – it’s entirely up to your own taste how much you add. I added 3 tablespoons. Mix it all together.

 

I use a waffle iron but you can buy silicone moulds and pop in the oven (180 for approx 20 mins). I give my iron a quick spray of frylight and pour in the mixture.

 

Leave it a good 5 minutes before lifting to check. If it looks like its sticking, close the iron quick! You can usually smell when it’s almost done!

 


1 comment: